Updated June, 2023
Requesting and Picking Up Equipment
Approach 1: Submitting a request in advance (for guaranteed availability)
- Fill in the equipment request form available here: https://iu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eXoJ9r9kkRtx0jz
- You will receive confirmation regarding the availability of requested equipment and pick-up time via email within 24 hours of submitting the request. For requests submitted between Friday morning and Sunday at midnight, confirmation emails will be sent by noon of the following business day.
- Once the request has been confirmed, please be sure to arrive at the Equipment Room (BH 661) during the stated pick-up time range. Please follow all Equipment Room protocols.
- The requested equipment will be prepared and waiting for you on a table. The lab assistant on duty will confirm with you all the equipment you requested and enter the equipment information into the checkout system. Please bring your own bag to take the equipment with you.
Approach 2: Making an immediate request (during Equipment Room open hours)
- Visit the Equipment Room (BH 661) during CeLT’s open hours (Monday to Friday 8 AM-5PM) to make an immediate request. Availability of equipment is not guaranteed for walk-ins. Please be aware that certain items (iPad minis, etc.) require you submit a request form at least a week in advance.
- Return the equipment to BH 661 on the day it is due. You are welcome to return the equipment before then, but only during hours that CeLT is open. If no lab assistant is in the equipment room, please locate another CeLT staff member (rooms BH 660, 662, or 667) to assist you with check-in.
- If you need an extension of your equipment rental, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Extension approvals will depend on demand and availability.
Loan durations for this semester
- Default for most equipment: One week
- Presentation remote: Same day. Return after class/event is finished, or the following business day if class/event finishes after 5PM.
- iPad Minis: decided when checking out.
- The client is encouraged to return equipment as soon as finished with it. For a renewal/extension of the due date, email email@example.com. A renewal/extension is only considered active once the requestor receives a confirmation.