The Center for Language Technology (CeLT) aims at providing leadership and technological expertise to support excellence in language teaching, learning, and research at Indiana University. Through strategic implementation of technology and professional development, CeLT strives to create a cutting-edge language education environment by fostering faculty collaboration, improving research, and enhancing instructional capabilities with innovative tools and pedagogy.
More specifically, CeLT has 5 principal missions:
- Providing world-class technology for foreign and second language education
- Supporting language faculty and associate instructors in pursuing excellence in teaching
- Promoting world language learning and fostering collaboration between individuals who utilize the languages in their studies, teaching, or research
- Fostering the professional enrichment of language faculty, associate instructors, and graduate students through developing new pedagogical knowledge
- Assisting language faculty and associate instructors in applying new knowledge towards improving the instruction on campus and beyond
CeLT also takes pride in organizing outreach programs to foster interest in IU's language programs designed for middle and high school students both locally and globally.