Policy and FAQ
Last updated April 2022
CeLT is pleased to offer a variety of audio and video devices, projectors and presentation equipment, and other items for language instruction use at no cost to borrowers.
- What is needed to borrow equipment?
- An IU identification card (CrimsonCard) is required.
- Who is eligible to check out equipment?
- Instructors, AIs, and researchers. Please note that undergraduate students are not able to borrow equipment from CeLT.
- What is the rental period?
- The rental period differs for each type of equipment, but is generally one week. If you have special circumstances that require a lengthier rental, please contact CeLT to make arrangements.
- Am I able to borrow a classroom set of equipment (such as computer headsets for 20 students) for special projects or lessons?
- Yes, instructors are welcome to borrow larger quantities of equipment for in-class use by their students. Please note that individual students are not able to borrow these items independently.
- What responsibilities are associated with borrowing equipment from CeLT?
- You are responsible for taking care of the equipment while it is in your possession. CeLT has a limited budget for purchasing/replacing items, so your care helps ensure we are able to continue offering this valuable service to all instructors. Please let the lab assistants or other CeLT staff know about any problems you may have experienced with the equipment, either via phone/e-mail or when you are returning it.
- What support is available when borrowing equipment?
- CeLT’s lab assistants are available at any time during checkout room open hours to provide assistance with and brief training on using borrowed equipment. CeLT staff are also available via phone and email. If you have specific concerns or special needs, please don’t hesitate to contact us.