With the membership of participating libraries, you could freely stream video resources on Kanopy.
- Indiana University Library has limited access to Kanopy content.
- If you are local to Bloomington, you could apply for a free Monroe County Library membership, which would grant you 10 streaming access each month with much more films of choice.
- You could apply for some special access to your library if the film you would stream is not accessible through your library's plan.
Though the access and streaming is free, you still need to,
- Use you personal email address/ google/ facebook account to create a Kanopy profile.
- Link your profile to your library membership, then you could use the functions like "History", "Playlist". You need to activate or de-activate to swtich between different memberships. The interface of Monroe County Library has count-down box to indicate how many video accesses left for the month.
- For your membership with IU library, you still need to access to your content via two-step authentication.
Duolingo is a mostly-free app for learning languages. It is as easy as downloading the app to start a learning journey. From Wikipedia, "as of November 2019 the language-learning website and app offer 94 different language courses in 23 languages. The app has over 300 million registered users across the world."
Mango Languages, which CeLT used to sponsor for IU community in the year of 2018-2019, is a free-to-library-membership or paid-for-single-use language learning service. Though its contract with CeLT expired, it remains to have partnership with Monroe County Library as well as Brown County Library. It offers 71 language courses, including rare-to-find courses of Dzongka(Bhutanese), Javanese, Shanghainese(an extinguishing dialect of the most influent area of China) and several more languages that are not listed in CeLT language list and its English courses are offered in 17 languages, according to Wikipedia.
The new logo of Mango Languages